Tuesday 19 July 2016

Life after Brexit

It has been a while since my last post but too many things are happening. Brexit affects us in many ways, psychologically and financially as well.

#First of all, me and my boyfriend were attacked by drunk English people in front of a pub, with the "Go the fuck home" sentence that could not be said for many years.. Then at workplaces, foreign workers are insulted, advised to go home. Nice...

Secondly, GBP value decreased.. A lot. I can feel it when converting, for example sending money home.

Thirdly, everything has become unsure. People do not dare to plan. We do not dare to change jobs, or quit jobs as we are afraid what comes next, we may be sent away if we become unemployed for some reason. I am not sure if I want to live like this for long... All my friends say we should stay until we can apply for citizenship. Half a year and I can apply for Permanent resident, and after that a year for citizenship. Ok, maybe I'll do it just in case... But my enthusiasm about my future here vanished...

Right now I am registered with two agencies, plus finished my catering job hopefully forever. Not a nice feeling to be insecure though... But I cannot do what I hate anymore. I had to break the line of catering jobs in my CV in order to get a better job one day. So here I am, at the age of 38, still studying, learning new jobs and skills...Getting tired...

That is all...Brexit is everywhere... Creating a gap between foreigners and English people. The future is hanging in the air...

No comments:

Post a Comment