Sunday 24 April 2016

Job Search

I do apologise, I could not write for a while as I am in the middle of changing life and living place and all in all, everything. Not easy...The stress, the logistics, arranging every single move you make. In our case, going for viewings, job interviews, as we are moving from one county to another and we decided that for the first time, we want to do it planned and at least one of us wants to start at a new job straight away. My other half is a chef, it was easier for him, so all sorted. As I am planning to make a big step and change from catering to teaching, it is longer, but the clearance process is nearly finished and I do hope to find something soon enough.

I often think back to my last fifteen years and all the moving I have done.From Hungary to London, from London to Hungary, from Hungary to Canada,from  Canada to Hungary,from London to Hungary, from Hungary to Manchester, from Manchester to London,from London to Surrey and now from Surrey to West Sussex. Surely I have got the routine. I know how to pack, I know how to arrange moving, I have a list in my head what to change straight away after moving (address with bank, ebay, amazon, HM revenue, etc.) This makes it easier. Thanks to London I have learnt to be aware with landlords, deposits and things like that. Still it is getting harder and harder every time mentally, and job search is harder when one wants to make a big change.

In general, both for NHS jobs and teaching jobs, it takes around 1,5 hours to complete an application form for a position. You cannot send a CV. Every single place requires its own forms, checks and so on. It is nearly a full time job to look for a job. One cannot really do it while working in catering. So I  am taking the risk and leave a gap between employments. If I am lucky I started in time with the agency and I will be positioned somewhere soon after we arrive. But for this I had to start nearly two month in advance....
if you live in your own home country, everything is easier, job seeking as well. or maybe I was lucky. I never had to go through that many checks, applying for hours for one single position. maybe Eastern Europe is designed differently. Maybe I was just lucky to start at a very young age at a language school which based my reputation and I was well-known afterwards. I do not know. But it is a great pressure for me psychologically. We'll see how it turns out.

This post might not be the most consistent one. I am in a rush and I have too many things in my mind. I just did nit want the blog to die like my previous one. i will be more regular when I am settled again.

Be back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment